On June 24, 2022, the United States Supreme Court issued its ruling on the Dobbs v Jackson’s Women’s Health Organization case, effectively overturning federal protections on abortion access, and giving way to state restrictions on abortion access across the country.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS FROM MOST RECENT FINDINGS
Want to enroll in #WeCount?
For the data to be as powerful as possible, we need ALL abortion providers to participate. Enroll your practice today and make sure that your work is counted! Contact VArenas@SocietyFP.org for more information.
Data on number of abortions by state will be released periodically and will be shared widely. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
These results are made possible by the many people who provide abortion care who generously participated in this collaborative effort.
This report was prepared with the support of by #WeCount Co-Chairs and Society of Family Planning staff with guidance from the Research Steering Committee members, as well as the support of many members of the Society of Family Planning community.
- Alison Norris, MD, PhD; Ohio State University College of Public Health
- Ushma Upadhyay, PhD, MPH; University of California, San Francisco
#WeCount Research Steering Committee
- Abigail Aiken, MD, PhD, MPH; University of Texas at Austin
- Danielle Bessett, PhD, MA; University of Cincinnati
- Anitra Beasley, MD, MPH; Baylor College of Medicine
- Jenny Higgins, PhD, MPH; University of Wisconsin
- Rachel Jones, PhD; Guttmacher Institute
- Whitney Rice, DrPH, MPH; Emory University
- Hannah Simons, DrPH; Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- Mikaela Smith, PhD; Ohio State University College of Public Health
- Terri-Ann Thompson, PhD; Ibis Reproductive Health
- Kari White, PhD, MPH; University of Texas at Austin
#WeCount Society of Family Planning Staff
- Vanessa Arenas, MPH; Senior Project Manager
- Jenny O’Donnell, ScD; Director of Grantmaking and Evaluation
- Claire Yuan, BA; Senior Learning Systems and Practices Coordinator