Welcome to Source for Science, the official podcast series of the Society of Family Planning. This series will cover the latest in abortion and contraception science and clinical care.
In their hands: Advancing self-administration of DMPA
December 5, 2022
This episode features Anitra Beasley, MD, MPH; Sadia Haider, MD, MPH; and Jennifer Karlin, MD, PhD discussing the benefits of supporting self-administration of DMPA, the practical ways clinicians can offer their support, and how clinicians can overcome common challenges for supporting self-administration of DMPA.
- Society of Family Planning committee consensus on self-administration of subcutaneous depot medroxyprogesterone acetate (DMPA-SC)
- NCTCFP: User-administration of subcutaneous depot medroxyprogesterone acetate (DMPA-SC)
- NFPRHA: Self-administration of injectable contraception
- IERH: “This is How I Teach” DMPA-SC video
- RHAP: Depo-Provera Sub-Q User Guide
- Bedsider: Depo SubQ: The do-it yourself birth control shot
Clinician perspectives on self-managed abortion
July 13, 2022
This episode features Nisha Verma, MD, MPH, FACOG; Sarah Prager, MD, MAS; and Tania Serna, MD with a discussion of clinician experiences with self-managed abortion. Our expert faculty explores the role that clinicians can play in interacting with patients who have chosen to self-manage their abortion, and strategies for ensuring equitable abortion access both in and outside of the formal healthcare system.
- Society of Family Planning interim clinical recommendations: Self-managed abortion
- Repro Legal Helpline from If/When/How
July 6, 2022
Trailer episode for Source for Science, the official podcast series of the Society of Family Planning.