Applying for grants
Before applying, review the mission of the Society of Family Planning Research Fund and the RFPs (see below).
Please note: All potential applicants were required to submit an Intent to Apply form before January 31, 2017. Proposals can not be accepted from anyone who did not submit that form before the deadline.
Important dates and deadlines
- “Intent to Apply” form submission: December 14, 2016–January 31, 2017 (11:59 PM (ET))
- Application submission: February 5–March 8, 2017
- Award announcements: Late June, 2017
- Earliest start-up: July 1, 2017
Types of grants
Community-based participatory research (CBPR): Supports community-based participatory research (CBPR) in planning, implementing, evaluating and disseminating effective interventions to reduce disparities and achieve equity in family planning outcomes
Interdisciplinary innovation (I2): Supports the development and implementation of innovative, interdisciplinary research studies
Junior investigator: Supports junior investigators committed to pursuing careers in abortion research by providing protected time for an intensive, supervised career development experience
Large research: Provides support for projects representing an investigator’s specific interests and competencies
Midcareer mentor: Provides protected time to midcareer faculty for research and mentoring
Small research: Provides start-up or supplemental funds to a variety of types of projects including: pilot or feasibility studies; collection of preliminary data; secondary analysis of existing data; testing of a new method/approach; small, self-contained research studies, etc.
- Eligibility: PI must be an SFP junior fellow. Those eligible for SFP full fellowship, who have not applied, are not eligible to apply for a small research grant.
- Award amount: $15,000
- Timeframe: 12 months
- Number of awards: 6
- Download RFP
- Download signature page
- Download budget form (Important: Do not fill out the form online—it does not work in all browsers. Instead, download form to your desktop and fill out that copy.)
- Submit application
Trainee: Provides trainees and graduate-level students with support to carry out an independent research project
For additional information or questions, please contact Marlo Polonsky.
Scholarship Management System provided by WizeHive.